Oct 11, 2009

My Long White Friend

.....................................................

Looking up at the blues, I sip it on…
Watching the birds perched few, I sip it on…
Wondering what went wrong, I sip it on…
Life is not very long, I sip it on…

I took a close look at you,
Filled with brown dew;
Covered with a white sheath,
You fill me with happy heat!

I kissed you at the base,
And took a deep breath in haste;
You exited me as a snow white cloud,
And engulfed me in a heavenly shroud.

I felt a feeling I never felt before,
Like sitting on heaven’s shore;
Something lifted me high,
And pulled me towards the sky.

You have filled me with euphoria,
I feel I have reached utopia;
I love you, my long white friend,
I wonder why people call you a fiend!
...................................................


Statutory Warning: Cigarette smoking is injurious to health


This poem was written after I heard my friend describing to me how heavenly it was for him when he first had had a smoke. Thereafter, he became a chain smoker. I strongly recommend to all reading this... smoking just to show off or to bust stress, is no good. Once you start with it and become regular, you will find it very difficult to wean yourself off it, if you get addicted. So, please stay away from tobacco and do not cut short your already pollution-stricken short life...

13 comments:

Avra Sengupta said...

Well writen!!!
Always nice to stumble upon a fellow poet

Bharath Konegadde said...

hi ,

am really impressed quotes u written on about me...

I read almost all u posted on ur blog and y don't u post inspirational quotes in ur blog...

Unknown said...

@ Avra.. Thanks :-)

@ BHARATH.. Thanks for reading.. Will sure post some inspirational quotes.. Thanks for the idea.. :-)

Anoop said...

hi pooja
nice poem... liked it... ;)

Anoop said...

m ur first follower.. :P

Nethra said...

The poem was more like lyrics...pick up a tune for it.
"Do not smoke, People"!

Dr. Priteesh Chotai said...

Very good use of vocabulary, but i feel the poem could have been longer. The story seems incomplete. It has a strong message in it, but no example.
Nevertheless, good selection of words! Hope you continue writing more such inspirational stuff.

Regards,
Dr. Priteesh S. Chotai
http://drpriteeshchotai.blogspot.com/

Amit Kumar Singh said...

Nice one.. :)
beautifully written.. :)
Cheers!!

The world is flat said...

I felt a feeling I never felt before,
Like sitting on heaven’s shore;
Something lifted me high,
And pulled me towards the sky.

marijuana makes me feel like that, so does X. X also makes you feel that time has slowed down.

nicely written. but I'll say it lacks a certain degree of conviction. but keep on writing, I'm enjoying my stay here... :)

VeeKay said...

haha..good variation in the blog's topic..It was fun reading it..:)

Unknown said...

@ Anoop.. Thanks... :-)

@ Nethra.. Thanks for the suggestion dear.. will try to incorporate them the next time i write a poem.. :-)

@ Dr. Pritesh.. Suggestion taken.. Thanks a lot! :-)

@ Amit.. Thanks.. :-)

@ the world is flat.. yeah.. true.. have heard frnds saying that.. and will also try to take ur suggestions.. thanks.. :-)

@ vamsi.. Hmm.. thanks a lot.. :-)

Vibushan L Narayan said...

If you can get this published somewhere, it'll make its mark. Well written. Blogrolling you.

Unknown said...

@Vibhushan.. That meant a lot man. Thanks a ton! :)