Feb 24, 2011

So, flipkart reverts back to me

It was a pleasant surprise to have found an e-mail in my inbox first thing in the morning from a person working with flipkart. In the e-mail were a 'Thank You' and a link directing to the changes made on the website which will now alert potential buyers to the fact that the book isn't an authentic Jane Austen but it is a version which is 'Retold'.

I thank the individual for owning up to the mistake and for taking proper corrective action.

The changes are the title which now clearly indicates that it is 'Jane Austen's Pride And Prejudice: Retold by W. Sequeira, A. D'Souza (Illustrator)'. The picture below contains the corrections.


And to add to everything else, I even got a phone call from 2 executives at flipkart.com. I was pretty overwhelmed by their gesture. They've promised me a replacement for the book and as mentioned above, the website has also undergone changes. A number was given to me by one of their executives on which I'm supposed to call in case I face issues in the future.

In this world of fierce competition, it feels good to see a company take efforts to delight customers. Despite their initial mistake, my respect for flipkart now has been restored. As the old Hindi saying goes, 'Subah ka bhoola agar shaam ko ghar aa jaaye toh usko bhoola nahi kehte'  .. :)

6 comments:

Freelancer said...

that was nice of them.
what i dont understand is why dont you go book hunting by yourself?? I know i lose track of time when am at a book store and want to buy the entire store :)

btw welcome back. feels good to be here na....

Unknown said...

Thanks. To answer you, when purchased online, I get a good deal for books. So, I prefer it. :)

And yes, it feels awesome to be back. :) :)

VeeKay said...

Flipkart ppl seem to possess professional ethics. Kudos to them :)

Nethra said...

Nice people! I meant flipkart...

Unruly Rebel said...

yeah dis e biz goes on wid trust they build, now wateva it is u wont ever doubt flipkart, wud u?
dats cald smart work...cheers to flipkart...


Unruly Rebel
something THEY call life

Prateek Bagri said...

They do revert. :P